“I live approximately 45 miles from the home my son lives in. For two months I was unable to pick up my son due to health reasons. The staff brought my son down to visit and transported him back to his home. Most wonderful thing I’ve seen.”
We know it can be very difficult both physically and emotionally to care for anyone with such a disability alone. This is why we’ll devote an entire team of professionals to help you and your loved one.
The Changing Lives Today Adult Day Program provides respite (a break) for caregivers during the day and provides your love ones a plethora of opportunities that we believe will enrich their lives and assist with working towards goals set by the individual and assistance from loved ones, friends and other support systems.
CLT Adult Program is a place where people where people with various disabilities over the age of 18 come together and learn from one another. Community activities are developed around each person’s interests, needs and abilities. A typical day may consist of visiting local community events, museums, amusement parks, a baseball game, swimming or just exploring new skills and crafts at the day center. Our goal is to maximize each person’s full potential. We offer:
- Social Activities: interaction with other participants in planned activities appropriate for their conditions.
- Transportation: door-to-door service to 7-10 mile radius.
- Meals and Snacks: participants are provided with meals and snacks, those with special dietary needs are offered special meals.
- Personal Care: help with toileting, grooming, eating and other personal activities of daily living.
- Therapeutic Activities: our programs are designed to meet the needs of the Individual. You do not have to attend everyday. The team helps the Individual determine what they want and need. Attend one day, two days, three days, or even four or five days a week.
Our Adult Day Center is located at: 875 Six Flags Drive, Austell, GA 30168. Hours of operation are 9a-3p with transportation pickup and drop off provided within a 10-mile radius of our community center. All these services are provided at no cost once approved by the Dept. of Behavior Health and Developmental Disabilities.
Participants volunteer with various organizations such as the Salvation Army, Hands on Atlanta, Meals on Wheels, and various volunteer programs offered through the Volunteer.va.gov’s link is www.voluntary.va.gov. Participation in activities and classes is encouraged but not required. For more information click on “contact us” or drop us an email to email@example.com.
Make a reservation to see firsthand how the CLT Adult Day Center can provide the social, recreational and therapeutic support you or your love one needs.